Dear Year 13 Parents, Guardians and Students,
I hope this email finds you well.
By now you have received letters from both STC and ESF concerning home learning and student wellness. In this email, I would like to address specifically the needs of our Y13 students.
- STC has made it clear to our community that Y13 learning needs are our priority.
- ESF senior schools are in daily contact with ESF centre and therefore all planning is being conducted collaboratively.
- STC senior leadership are working collaboratively with subject teams to identify areas of assessment that need to be prioritised.
- We are in contact with the IB, and are actively monitoring the situation.
- IB have procedures in place to deal with such circumstances which still allow students to be awarded a grade for a subject despite their assessment not being completed due to adverse circumstances.
- It is too early to tell whether the nCoV outbreak will cause disruption to students sitting external examinations. We will continue to actively work with IB on all possible scenarios.
- If course content has not been completed hen we will use scheduled study leave for this purpose.
Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions you may have at this time. Most importantly, our teachers are working incredibly hard to support our students in preparation for their examinations, and I know that the students are rising to this challenge and engaging superbly with their learning.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.