It was lovely to meet so many Year 11 parents at our recent Y11 Options Evening. There was certainly a buzz around the school as families circulated to the different locations to ask questions about learning pathways into Y12/13. I was really impressed with the interaction between staff, parents and students, and the eagerness with which the Y11 students approached each subject area. We have put the presentation on our school website here, so please feel free to contact the relevant member of the Senior School team with follow up questions.
Just a reminder of key dates for our Y11 students in the coming months:
- Mon 4/ Tue 5/ Wed 6/ Thu 7 Nov: Y11 One to One Tutor/student meetings
- Wed 6/Fri 8 Nov: Parent consultation days
- Thu 21 Nov: Options choice forms open
- Thu 28 Nov: Option choice forms close
- 10 Jan to 22 Jan: Main Y11 Mock examination period
- 6 Jan: Y11 Mock examinations for Music, Dance and Drama
- 23 Jan: Y11 students with examination clashes
- 1 Apr: Y11 Last day
- 28 Apr to 10 Jun (Provisional): (I)GCSE Examinations
- Note: Students do not return to school after the examinations
On a personal note, I would like to thank you for your warm welcome to Sha Tin College. Every conversation gives me a little more insight into the culture and values of our community. With this in mind, please feel free to contact me anytime with questions, feedback or ideas for how we can continue to provide quality curriculum opportunities for our students.