Dear Y11 Parents/Guardians and Students,
I hope this email finds you well.
By now you have received letters from both STC and ESF concerning home learning and student wellness. In this email, I would like to address specifically the needs of our Y11 students.
- STC has made it clear to our community that Y11/13 learning needs are our priority
- ESF senior schools are in daily contact with ESF centre and therefore all planning is being conducted collaboratively
- STC senior leadership are working collaboratively with subject teams to identify areas of assessment that need to be prioritised
- We are in contact with the I/GCSE examination boards, and are actively monitoring the situation
- All I/GCSE examination boards have procedures in place to deal with such circumstances which still allow students to be awarded a grade for a subject despite their assessment not being completed due to adverse circumstances.
- It is too early to tell whether the nCoV outbreak will cause disruption to students sitting external examinations. We will continue to actively work with I/GCSE examination boards on all possible scenarios
- If course content has not been completed then we will use scheduled study leave for this purpose.
With all this in mind, STC curriculum leaders have been working on a possible schedule to accommodate small groups of I/GCSE students to be on campus to complete practical work or sit oral examinations. We have now been notified, through ESF Centre, that the EDB has given the school permission to proceed. Curriculum leaders will be in contact with students in the coming days in regard to this schedule. Please find attached ESF Health and Safety Guidelines that STC will follow. Please be reminded that students who are on self-imposed quarantine are not allowed on the campus. For these students, and any students who are not currently in Hong Kong, we will work with you individually to ensure that you will have every opportunity to complete your assessments.
Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions you may have at this time. Most importantly, our teachers are working incredibly hard to support our students in preparation for their examinations, and I know that the students are rising to this challenge and engaging superbly with their learning.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.