Dear Parents/Guardians and Students
Firstly, a very warm welcome to another school year after what I hope has been a safe and relaxing summer holiday. A particularly warm welcome of course goes to our new families and new staff joining us this year. I know you will all join me in welcoming them and helping them to quickly feel part of our wonderful Sha Tin College community.
1) As you will be aware, EDB has recently indicated that our schools can resume the new academic year under the same conditions that we closed in June. Students will therefore be returning to campus for full days from Thursday Aug 19th. Heads of Year are currently in the process of sending out further details about arrangements for the first two days back.
2) Please see our Daily Schedule below. New families should note different arrangements for Wednesdays. School buses will be operating according to this schedule. As is always the case, given the size of our campus, breaks and lunches continue to be staggered, allowing us to safely manage the volume of students eating.
3) Social distancing measures remain in place so we will not be providing a canteen lunch service for students. Students should bring a healthy packed snack and lunch. Appropriate Health and Safety measures will be in place to ensure students can safely remove their masks to eat.
4) Temperature-taking measures also remain in place and families must use the ESF App to record their child’s temperature daily. Students with an elevated temperature in excess of 37.5 should not come to school.
5) ESF have launched a new version of their ESF App. Please ensure you install the latest version. The ESF App is our primary communication platform.
6) As part of enhancing communication with families we ran very successful online Middle and Senior School “Back to School” events last year. We intend to do the same again in a few weeks time so be sure to look out for those.
7) As you know from our communications over the summer we were once again delighted with our IB examination results. The annual ESF Chairman’s Award, for the second year, has regrettably been cancelled. Instead however I will be sending a communication about our Chairman’s Award recipients to celebrate their success in the coming weeks. Make sure to look out for this – we have a lot of students to celebrate!
8) With the new year officially starting on Thursday we are having a busy week working with all our staff on training. The campus is also buzzing with the sound of power washers as we ready and clean everything after six weeks of construction. Be sure to check out our social media posts and our end of August newsletter to see what our new renovations look like. We are very excited to share them with our students.