Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope that the first week of the holidays have gone well! With a view to August I am writing to you about arrangements for Student Registration. The intention of Registration is to make the start of the year efficient and smooth. We hope from a parent/guardian perspective that completing the necessary paperwork online, and making a single payment at the start of the year, is preferable to receiving a series of requests for paperwork and payments throughout the year.
ESF Sha Tin College uses ePayment, an online payment system which eliminates the need for cheques and streamlines the payment process. Our system will auto generate a receipt under your child’s statement screen on Gateway once payment has been made. ePayment is a part of the Student Registration Process and is accessible through Gateway.
Student Registration Process
1. Log in to Gateway. Gateway will be open from 2nd August 2022. Please note that your Gateway user-name and password is the same for each child. We recommend that you log in on August 2nd. If you need further assistance, please email email@example.com
2. When you log-in there will be a screen which directs you to review, verify and submit all personal data using the change request forms. There are four separate sections to update. These are (i) Family Information (ii) Student Information (iii) Additional Contact (iv) Medical Information. Please note that, even if there are no changes to be made to your child’s existing data, you must still verify that the information we have is correct.
3. There is a section in Gateway under Student Information titled Cheque Refund Information. For cheque refunds the payee name we have on file must be the same as the bank account holder’s name. If you would like to change the payee name please contact your child’s Section Administrator. Any change of name will require the written consent of the original payee.
4. For returning families, you will be able to access Gateway with your current user-name and password. New families will be emailed their Gateway user-name and password in the last week of July.
5. After you have updated and verified the required information, you will be asked for ePayment. Once you have completed ePayment you will then need to digitally sign a set of eNotices. To do this, you will need to ‘tick’ the required fields and ‘click’ the ‘Signed by’ section at the end of each eNotice.
6. Collection of Learning Materials: Students will need to have their personalised Octopus cards with them to collect learning materials. The Octopus card will be used to check-out textbooks. The collection schedule, where needed, will be during the first week of school.
7. Collection of Laptops for New Students. The laptop collection schedule with your child’s exact date and time slot will be confirmed with you in mid-July.
8. The following table indicates the dates when laptop collection will take place for new students in Years 7 – 9. If you are unable to make your appointment slot please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of Laptops: August 3rd & August 4th 2022
Start of Term 1 2022 – 2023: All students return Wednesday Aug 24th 8:15am
As always, we thank you very much for your ongoing support. My best wishes to all students and families for a safe and relaxing summer break.