Dear Parents/Guardians, Students and Staff,
We were delighted with the news from EDB earlier this week that we could commence preparations for our students to return to campus. Planning and discussion of options is well underway and I hope to be able to let you know in due course what those approved plans will be. In terms of some preliminary details, we will prioritise students in Years 7, 11 and 13 to return for a soft start one year level at a time during the week of Sept 16th. For phase one return the week of Sept 23rd, we hope to have four year levels on campus, with the final three year levels returning the week Sept 29th. Further details to follow.
Going forward please note the following:
1) As promised we are now at the end of three weeks of piloting the adjusted daily schedule and we welcome your feedback. Students and staff will be sent their survey by email, so please watch out for that. Parents/guardians are invited to give us their feedback here. The survey will close at 10am on Wednesday Sept 9th.
2) Thank you to the three parent candidates who put their names forward for election to be Parent Representatives on the Sha Tin College School Council. The e voting system is currently being set up and will be opened from Sep 9th. I will send a follow-up letter with e voting details in due course.
3) Due to social distancing restrictions the PTSA AGM has been rescheduled to Thursday Oct 15th. Hopefully this later date will enable us to hold the AGM on campus.
4) With the imminent return of students to the campus over the coming weeks please be sure to sign up for the ESF App. The required Travel and Health Declaration will only be available through the App and must be completed prior to students coming on campus.
5) This link will explain how to notify us of your child’s absence through the ESF App. From Monday you will be able to access your child’s attendance data on SMART.
6) Given students will have just returned to school, the planned ESF CPD day for Oct 5th is now a regular school day. Our school calendar has been updated to reflect this change.
7) Thank you to our Middle School parents who joined us for our first ever Back to School Information Evening last night. As part of our strategic focus on engaging with parents we were very pleased with the attendance. We look forward to welcoming the Senior School parents on Tuesday Sept 8th. Paul Drew Acting VP, will send out the invitation and Zoom links to those families on Monday.
I hope you all enjoy a relaxing and safe weekend with your loved ones.