INVITATION TO THE PTSA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
8th October 2021 at 6:00pm, Hall, Sha Tin College
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We would like to invite you to the “Sha Tin College Parent Teacher Association Limited” Committee Election and Annual General Meeting (AGM). Our goal is to facilitate better understanding and communication between parents, students and the school in order to support the best interests of Sha Tin College.
The STC PTSA Committee is composed of no more than 12 parent members. Terms are for one year and current serving parent members can stand for re-election for not more than 6 years. For a further understanding of what being a committee member involves, please review these documents:
- STC PTSA Office Bearer Roles & Responsibilities
- STC PTSA Committee Member Code of Conduct
- STC PTSA Election Proceedings
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Sha Tin College PTA Limited
- STC PTSA Audited Accounts for AGM approval
If you would like to run for the Committee, please fill out the STC PTSA Nomination Form and send it to the Sha Tin College Reception by 4pm Tuesday October 5th 2021 at the latest. Late applicants will not be eligible for election if a seat is contested.
- Welcome remarks and presentation of out-going report by Chairperson
- Presentation of the PTA Accounts and Auditor’s Report for the year ended 30 June 2021
- Appointment of auditors for 2021/22
- Change to Sha Tin College PTA Legal Status
- Election by ballot of parent members to STC PTSA Committee
At least 20 STC PTSA Members, including at least 80% (16) Parent Members present in person shall be a quorum.
This year, in addition to the usual business of the AGM, we are asking our members to consider some special resolutions regarding the transition of the STC PTSA from a company limited by guarantee to an Association or Society. Please review the following documents carefully.
- Draft Constitution for the Sha Tin College Parent Teacher Association
- Supplemental Notice to the AGM, including special resolutions to be passed
- Frequently asked questions re: transition to an Association
If you have any questions regarding the transition, the resolutions or any other matter relating to the proposed changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are interested in standing for election or attending the AGM to elect your parent representatives, or indeed looking to meet fellow parents, please mark your calendar and RSVP to email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
Joey Chung – Chairperson, Sha Tin College PTSA
Carol Larkin – Principal, Sha Tin College