Dear Parents and Guardians
Year 8 CAS Week: September 25 – 29 2017
As you are aware, during CAS Week your child will participate in a creative and innovative week, working with Scottish Opera, to produce two junior operas. Throughout the week, students will be coached and guided through intensive and energetic rehearsals by the Scottish Opera team, Year 12 Student Leaders and STC Staff. They will sing, play musical instruments, dance, act, work with media, costumes, stage and set design.
Venue and Transport:
Due to the ongoing building works at Sha Tin College, the school hall is not available so we will be at Sha Tin College for Monday and Tuesday, at KGV school for Wednesday and Thursday, then back at Sha Tin College on Friday. We will provide buses, to and from STC, on Wednesday and Thursday.
On Thursday, after our evening performance, we will provide one bus for those students whose families cannot pick them up from KGV. It will go to Sha Tin MTR and Sha Tin College.
CAS Week will culminate in a matinee performance for Sha Tin Junior students and/or KGV students. There is then an evening performance for STC parents/family on Thursday September 28, at 6.00pm, atKGV School Hall, 2 Tin Kwong Road, Ho Man Tin, Kowloon. Doors will open at 5.00pm and light refreshments will be available outside.
You are warmly invited to attend but please note a maximum of only two guests per child can be accommodated. Please indicate at the end of this document if you wish to attend this evening performance. Each family has been allocated two tickets per Sha Tin College student. Parking is not available at KGV so please make other arrangements.
Information about the week:
This is a complicated week so here is an explanation about each day –
- During CAS Week your child should be at Sha Tin College no later than 8.15am each day to register.
- Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 students will rehearse at Sha Tin College and finish at 3.20pm in time for normal school buses.
- Wednesday 27: students will be bused from Sha Tin College to KGV in the morning. They will return from KGV by bus at 3:20pm, after the time for normal school buses. Wednesday is usually 2:18pm finish. An early bus will be provided from KGV for students who need to be back at Sha Tin College to take their normal school buses home.
- Thursday 28: students will remain at KGV school in preparation for the evening performances and we will provide them with pizza. This performances begins at 6:00pm and are expected to conclude at approximately 7.00pm.
- Friday 29: students will be at Sha Tin College (morning only), for reflection activities. They will finish at 12:20pm. Students will then be free to make their own way home. If they need to use school transport, they will stay in school and take their normal school bus home at 3.20pm.
Uniform for the week:
Monday 25: Scottish Opera T shirts + PE or navy shorts
Tuesday 26: House coloured T shirt + PE or navy shorts
Wednesday 27: PE Kit + PE or navy shorts
Thursday 28: Scottish Opera T shirt + PE or navy shorts
Friday 29: Own clothes
We believe that this is a unique, innovative and creative educational experience which students will love and never forget. They will have an integrated learning experience working with Scottish Opera and be transported from the comforts of their classroom to the stage and the world of Opera! We look forward to celebrating each child’s many achievements together.
Please return the below reply slip to the Lower School Office by Friday September 15 2017.
If you require any further information, please feel free to contact
Noah Nicholson Alison Marshall
Head of Music Head of Year 8