Uniform Shop Opening hours,
We would like to inform you that, due to upgrade in the operational system, the Uniform Shop will be closed from Tuesday 1 Nov 2016 to Tuesday 8 Nov 2016 and will re-open on Wednesday 9 Nov 2016 between 12:00p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Students who need to purchase uniform urgently during the closure period, please contact Mercy, the PTSA Coordinator by email (email@example.com) for assistance.
With effect from 9 November, 2016, the new opening hours of the Uniform Shop will be:
Monday & Friday 10:30a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 12:00 p.m. – 3:00p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday shop closed
Winter Uniform Order
We have started to accept winter uniform orders. To order, please follow the steps below. The items then will be pre-packed and ready for your collection.
- Complete the uniform order form, a copy of which is attached at the bottom of this email. In case you have any problem printing out the order form, please ask your child to collect a hard copy at the school Reception desk.
- Write a cheque payable to SHA TIN COLLEGE PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION LIMITED. Please indicate your child’s name, tutor group (and house) as well as contact details at the back of the cheque.
- Drop the completed order form and cheque into the collection box at the School Reception.
Some important dates to remember:
30 September – Deadline for submitting all order forms.
15 October – You/Your child will receive an order number by emaill
7-18 November – Please collect your child’s uniform within this period. (Kindly present your child’s student card and order number upon collection)
14 days from the date of pickup – Should you need to change the uniform, please do so within this period.
Students must travel TO and FROM school in FULL school uniform
Uniform is worn by all students in Years 7-11. It is available through the PTA shop located in Sha Tin Junior School.
■ Navy blue trousers with school logo on pocket
■ Navy blue skorts with school logo, for girls
■ White cotton shirt, short sleeved, with school logo on breast pocket
■ Navy blue school fleece or sweat suit with school logo
■ Navy blue cardigan with school logo
■ Navy blue scarf with school logo
■ Plain white or navy socks, long or short
■ Black low-heeled shoes
Students may also purchase the new windbreaker jackets:
Trainers and canvas shoes are UNACCEPTABLE.
- Please note that training shoes may be worn only when playing sport or during PE lessons. Students wearing trainers either to or from school will be sanctioned.
- Trousers should be hemmed and well fitted.
- All items of uniform must be clearly marked with the student’s name.
- Make-up should be minimal and discreet.
- Nail varnish is not permitted.
- Jewellery should not detract from the image of the school uniform. It should consist of:
■ One bracelet
■ One ring
■ Two pairs of studs or sleepers (maximum two per ear)
■ Jewellery should be removed during PE lessons.
- Hair must be a natural colour.
Please note: The Heads of Section and Year will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable.
- PE Kit is available at the school shop – blue shorts, school PE shirt in House colours,swimming costume/shorts and a swimming cap. Students supply their own training shoes and white socks.
Please note: The Head of PE will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable.
- Drama students need a plain T-shirt and shorts or trousers.
Please note: The Head of Drama will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable.
Senior School Dress Code
Students in the Senior School need not wear uniform but are expected to dress appropriately for a place of learning. Casual clothes are suitable, but must be clean and smart. Jewellery and make up must always be discreet.
Please note: The Heads of Year 12 and Year 13 and Head of Senior School will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable. Inappropriately dressed students may be sent home.
The following guidelines should be adhered to:
• Clothing may be casual but must always be practical, well presented and clean
• Clothing should not contain any provocative or offensive slogans or designs
• No headgear to be worn indoors
• Footwear should be appropriate for climbing stairs (no flip flops)
• Underwear must not be visible
• Skirts and shorts must be of a reasonable length
• All jewellery must be discreet and suitable for the school environment.
One facial piercing (a discreet stud only and excluding ear piercing) is allowed but prior approval must be obtained from a member of the Senior School Team. If you are unsure about whether a piece of jewellery is acceptable please ask a member of the Senior School Team for clarification.