Uniform Pre-Order for Academic Year 2017/2018
We start to accept uniform orders. Simply follow below steps to order the uniforms for your child, the items then will be pre-packed and ready for collection.
- Order form: see attached or you could download from school website or collect a copy from school reception
- Fill in the order form with a cheque payable to SHA TIN COLLEGE PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION LIMITED. Please include your child’s name, class and contact details at the back of the cheque.
- Drop off the order form and cheque into the collection box at the School Reception.
Uniform check-list, specifications, and size chart are available at http://shatincollege.edu.hk/uniform/Samples are also available at school uniform shop.
28 April – the cut-off date for the collection of all the order forms
31 May – an order number will be issued to you or your child via email
3-4 Aug and 7-11 Aug – items are ready for collection upon presentation of your child’s student card and order number. If the ordered items are not collected after 3 months, they will be disposed of/donated to the school.
Items are allowed for exchange within 14 days from the date of pickup, not the date of order.
Kindly note that items are only available for collection during the above said period. If you need the uniforms beforehand, please visit and purchase at our uniform shop.
If you need any assistance for pre-ordering, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire, staff at the Uniform Shop are always ready to help you.
PTSA Vice Chairperson
Students must travel TO and FROM school in FULL school uniform
Uniform is worn by all students in Years 7-11. It is available through the PTA shop located in Sha Tin Junior School.
■ Navy blue trousers with school logo on pocket
■ Navy blue skorts with school logo, for girls
■ White cotton shirt, short sleeved, with school logo on breast pocket
■ Navy blue school fleece or sweat suit with school logo
■ Navy blue cardigan with school logo
■ Navy blue scarf with school logo
■ Plain white or navy socks, long or short
■ Black low-heeled shoes
Students may also purchase the new windbreaker jackets:
Trainers and canvas shoes are UNACCEPTABLE.
- Please note that training shoes may be worn only when playing sport or during PE lessons. Students wearing trainers either to or from school will be sanctioned.
- Trousers should be hemmed and well fitted.
- All items of uniform must be clearly marked with the student’s name.
- Make-up should be minimal and discreet.
- Nail varnish is not permitted.
- Jewellery should not detract from the image of the school uniform. It should consist of:
■ One bracelet
■ One ring
■ Two pairs of studs or sleepers (maximum two per ear)
■ Jewellery should be removed during PE lessons.
- Hair must be a natural colour.
Please note: The Heads of Section and Year will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable.
- PE Kit is available at the school shop – blue shorts, school PE shirt in House colours,swimming costume/shorts and a swimming cap. Students supply their own training shoes and white socks.
Please note: The Head of PE will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable.
- Drama students need a plain T-shirt and shorts or trousers.
Please note: The Head of Drama will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable.
Senior School Dress Code
Students in the Senior School need not wear uniform but are expected to dress appropriately for a place of learning. Casual clothes are suitable, but must be clean and smart. Jewellery and make up must always be discreet.
Please note: The Heads of Year 12 and Year 13 and Head of Senior School will be the final arbiters of what is acceptable. Inappropriately dressed students may be sent home.
The following guidelines should be adhered to:
• Clothing may be casual but must always be practical, well presented and clean
• Clothing should not contain any provocative or offensive slogans or designs
• No headgear to be worn indoors
• Footwear should be appropriate for climbing stairs (no flip flops)
• Underwear must not be visible
• Skirts and shorts must be of a reasonable length
• All jewellery must be discreet and suitable for the school environment.
One facial piercing (a discreet stud only and excluding ear piercing) is allowed but prior approval must be obtained from a member of the Senior School Team. If you are unsure about whether a piece of jewellery is acceptable please ask a member of the Senior School Team for clarification.